BlueFuego specializes in presenting on higher education recruitment and admission strategy and how to implement and utilize the social web to meet your goals and objectives.
Check out our previous and upcoming presentations below. To schedule someone from BlueFuego for your upcoming webinar or conference and to learn more about using the web in recruitment and marketing, email brad(at)bluefuego.com.
When I spoke at the Stamats event in Tampa, I was excited that so many people in the audience were really tuned in to the notion of what social media could do for their higher education marketing. But who stole the show, in my eyes, was Brad J. Ward. His speech [The Recruitment Long Tail] was both passionate and value-driven. You could do something with his speech. And that lesson, adding value to the passion, is what I took away from that part of that event.” – Chris Brogan
Upcoming Workshops and Conferences:
- University of Illinois Web Conference, Closing Keynote, April 2013
- Big Ten Fundraiser’s Institute, August 2012, Lake Geneva, WI
- NACAC 2013, Toronto, Canada, September 2013
- Social Media in Tertiary Education Conference, February 2013, Sydney, Australia
- Facebook Ads for Development Webinar, January 2013
- MPSEOC Conference, August 2012, Billings, MT
- Big Ten Fundraiser’s Institute, August 2012, Lake Geneva, WI
- EduWeb Conference, July 2012, Boston, MA
- MoSo Conference, June 2012, Saskatoon Saskatchewan
- College Board Enrollment Leadership Academy, April 2012
- Igniting the Brand – Michigan State University Annual Conference, March 2012
- Facebook Ads for Admissions Webinar, April 2012
- Michigan State Social Workshop, March 2012
- Eduventures Roundtable, February 2012
- Facebook Ads for Development Webinar, February 2012
(Note: Brad took some time off from conferences in 2011 to focus on client work and family.)
- Singapore Management University, Singapore in December 2011
- AMA Higher Ed Symposium, November 2011 in Chicago, IL
- Facebook Ads for Admissions Webinar, July 2011
- Facebook Ads for Development Webinar, July 2011
- Expendables Conference, June 2011 in Manchester, VT
- Facebook Ads for Admissions Webinar, January 2011
- Facebook Ads for Development Webinar, February 2011
- JWU Creative Summit, December 10th in Providence, RI
- SEMM Forum, November 22nd in Vancouver, British Columbia
- SEMM Forum, November 17th in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- GMAC European Conference, October 24-25 in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- IACAC Fall Congress, October 18 in Indianapolis, IN
- UCDA Design Conference 2010, Oct 2 – 5, 2010 in Minneapolis, MN
- Higher Ed Marketing Symposium, Sept 21-23 in Sydney, Australia. Workshop and Keynote.
- ICAA Summer Conference, July 30 in Huron, OH.
- EduWeb 2010, July 26-28 in Chicago, IL.
- EduComm 2010, June 9, 2010 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Penn State Web Conference, June 7-8, 2010 at Penn State. Workshop, Presentation and Day 2 Keynote.
- EduVentures Annual Conference, June 8 in Boston, MA.
- Independent Colleges of Indiana PR Retreat, June 4 in Indianapolis, IN.
- University of Alaska Recruit Camp, May 21 in Fairbanks, Alaska
- TargetX/BlueFuego Webcast, March 19, 2010 in Philadelphia, PA.
- IU Regional Campus Alumni Directors Workshop, March 5, 2010 in Kokomo, IN
- ACCSPRA Workshop, March 4, 2010 in Birmingham, AL.
- CollegeWeekLive Event, February 17, 2010
- BlueFuego Web Marketing Workshop, February 4-5, 2010 in Singapore, Singapore.
- BlueFuego Web Marketing Workshop, February 1-2, 2010 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Strategies for using Facebook Pages for Yield and Recruitment Webinar, January 28, 2010
- Ft. Wayne SMB / Higher Ed Roundtable, January 26, 2010 in Ft. Wayne, IN.
- Independent Colleges of Washington, January 22, 2010 in Seattle, WA.
- International Expendables Conference, January 8, 2010 at WPI in Worcester, MA.
- CASE KY, December 9-10 in Lexington, KY.
- QS Apple Conference - November 24-26, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- I-CASE Conference, November 6 in Indianapolis, IN.
- University of Missouri Social Media Summit, October 15, in Columbia, MO.
- Delta Epsilon Chi Fall Leadership Conference, October 14, Lake of the Ozarks, MO.
- NACAC ‘09, Sept. 24-26 in Baltimore, MD. Brad presented ‘Integrating Social Media into your Recruitment Strategy’.
- Marketing Higher Education Symposium, September 9-10 in Sydney, Australia. Brad delivered the International Keynote presentation.
- Twitter/Facebook Webinar Series, August 18th/19th and 25th/26th.
- BLOGIndiana, August 13-15 in Indianapolis, IN. Brad gave the keynote presentation at the Higher Ed Symposium, as well as another presentation.
- eduWeb Conference, July 20-22 in Chicago, IL. Brad presented “I can do THAT with Google?”.
- Academic Impressions Webinar, 3 part webinar series on July 9 (Facebook), 16 (YouTube) and 23 (Twitter).
- Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities, June 9th in Louisville, KY. Brad presented a 3 hour workshop.
- Social Media Summit, June 9th. Brad shared some Facebook and Twitter data with this virtual audience at PSUWeb 2009.
- EduComm, June 16-18 in Orlando,FL. Brad presented ‘The University Long Tail’.
- Council of Independent Colleges in Virginia, June 4th in Amherst, VA. Brad presented on The Recruitment Long Tail.
- NEACAC, May 27-29 in Springfield, MA. Brad is co-presenting with Drew Millikin (Saint Michael’s College) on ‘Your Mom Reads My Blog’.
- OACUHO Pre-Conference, May 24 in Toronto, ON, CA. 4 hour workshop on the social web.
- Twitter for Higher Education Webinar: April 9th and 10th. Brad presented BlueFuego’s extensive research of 400 institution accounts.
- MACAC, April 29-May 1 in Grand Rapids, MI. Brad co-presented with Andrew Meyers (Hope College) on social media for admissions.
- SXSW ‘09, March 13-17 in Austin, TX. Brad co-presented a Core Conversation panel with Dylan Wilbanks (University of Washington) titled “The Web In Higher Education: What’s Different?”.
- Innovative Branding and Marketing for Higher Education, Feb. 23-25 in Singapore, Singapore. Brad presented on how to integrate social media into a recruitment strategy.
- Online Webinar, ‘FacebookGate’, Dec. 22, 2008.
- Online Webinar, ‘The Recruitment Long Tail’, Dec. 12, 2008.
- Innovative Educators Webinar, Using Social Media to Enhance Student Services.
- Stamats Integrated Marketing Conference, Nov. 5-8, 2008 in St. Petersburg, FL. Brad presented ‘The Recruitment Long Tail’.
- JR324 Guest Lecture, Butler University on November 4, 2008. Brad spoke on the book Groundswell and how it applies to social media recruiting at Butler University.
- Innovative Educators Podcast, The topic was ‘Web 2.0 in Higher Ed Recruitment’ and was recorded on October 28, 2008.
- IACAC Fall Conference, October 28, 2008 in Indianapolis, IN. Brad co-presented ‘Web 2.0 Recruiting and FERPA’ with Tiffany and Jacqueline from Franklin College.
- NACAC 2008, September 24-28, 2008 in Seattle, WA. Brad prepared a presentation for the Zinch.com team as a member of the Advisory Board.
- MSPEOC Conference, August 4-6, 2008 in Great Falls, MT. Brad gave a keynote presentation to the colleges of Montana about integrating social media into their recruitment strategy. Brad also co-hosted a panel conversation on social media with Mark Greenfield (University at Buffalo).
- eduWeb Conference, July 21-24, 2008 in Atlantic City, NJ. Brad co-presented a 3hr workshop with Keynote speaker Mark Greenfield titled ‘Join the Conversation: Social Media in Higher Education’.
- MBA632 Guest Lecture, Morehead State University on June 23, 2008. Brad spoke on productivity/collaboration tools on the web.
- Innovative Educators Conference, June 18-20, 2008 in Cincinnati, OH. Brad presented on student blogging and Google and co-hosted a panel conversation with Matt Herzberger (Texas A&M).
- IACAC Spring Conference, April 16th, 2008. Brad spoke on a panel about online recruitment tools for college admissions.